Day in Oslo


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
May 30th 2023
Published: May 31st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day for us to head in to Oslo. In the morning, Henning and Hilda were having some work done on the outside of the house and an electrician was coming by to start some of that work. Shelley was able to get her shower in on time, and my sister Kristine was next. She got into the shower, started the water, was able to get wet, and just when she reached for the soap, the electrician cut off the water supply to the house! Ooops! Ultimately, she was able to use the shower next door at the neighbour’s place. Not too long after, we got on our way to Oslo.

Siw-Linda, Hilde, Kristine, Shelley, and I walked from Hilde’s place to catch the bus from Snarøya to Oslo. A quick little ride was bought for about $5.00 Cdn each to get us downtown.

Once we reached downtown, we made our way towards the Vigeland Sculpture Park. What a beautiful park. The sculptures are really something to see up close. While we were there, a lady was standing near us on the bottom step near the entrance to the monolith. She stepped back thinking she was on a flat surface, but was surprised to find herself falling backwards. She hit the ground pretty hard and ended up potentially breaking her left wrist or forearm, and had a few surface cuts and scratches. Hilde jumped right in to help, calling for EMS to come and assist. A unit showed up within 5 mins of her calling to look after the poor woman.

We then went and had a terrific lunch of pizza and wine at Olivia’s. The wine was really exceptional.

After this, the ladies walked me over to Dr. Jekyll’s Pub where my pipe meeting with the Oslo Pipe Club was scheduled for 7pm. I met Karl Henrick, Martin, and Einer. We shared some tobacco and Einer gave me some tobacco. So generous of him. We sat and smoked our pipes and soon enough my wife and my cousins came to join us. Einer bought me some Aquavit and the girls a bottle of white wine to share.

After this meeting, we headed out to the bus stop. On the way, we ducked into a shop that sold sweets and soft serve ice cream. Shelley’s and Siw-Linda’s cones were covered with a light dusting of chocolate which made it look quite tempting!

We rode the bus back to Hilde’s place, and got to bed not far too long after munching on some leftovers from the night before.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Oslo Pipe Club meet upOslo Pipe Club meet up
Oslo Pipe Club meet up

Karl Henrick, Martin, Einer, and I.
Oslo Pipe Meeting PhotoOslo Pipe Meeting Photo
Oslo Pipe Meeting Photo

Siw-Linda captured a great photo of me here.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb