First Day in Kongsberg


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Southern Norway » Kongsberg
May 31st 2023
Published: June 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Hilde drove Shelley, Kristine, and I to the shopping mall located near the Avis Rental company. We went to the mall so the two ladies could purchase a hair dryer with the proper plug connection for Norway. We ended up buying a couple other items…I was able to find a ‘lefse’ rolling pin, and another cutter for making fattigman. I also managed to find a cheese protector for my Norwegian cheese. Very happy camper here.

We then made our way to the car rental place where we picked up our rental car. It drives pretty nice; comfortable and sturdy enough. Has most of the comforts one would want. It’s a hybrid too, so that will help with the fuel purchasing.

Arriving in Kongsberg, we knocked on Elisabeth’s door and there she was!! So nice to be here with Even and Elisabeth. Elisabeth prepared a small smorgasbord for us all to enjoy. After that, Shelley took a nap and did some laundry while Elisabeth, Kristine, and I walked down to the small town to walk around a bit. We ended up at the local mall where I was able to find some plastic cheese slicers - we were looking for them with Hilde earlier. It was so damn hot out too, that I ended up buying a pair of shorts to wear along with a nice casual dress shirt.

We walked back up to Elisabeth’s, where she went for a tiny nap, and I took a quick shower before changing in to my new shorts and shirt.

Even was home, and while Elisabeth prepared supper, he took us out for a little drive up and around Kongsberg to show us a bit of it. The rolling landscape is really beautiful here.

Supper’s main attraction was a big lox of trout - it was absolutely delicious. She also prepared the simplest of accompaniments; cucumber thinly sliced with vinegar and sugar….we hadn’t eaten that since Farmor’s supper table, so that was special for us. Roasted vegetables (including tasty celery root) on the side with a very rich tasting buttery sauce. Supper was excellent. Conversation was full of laughter, a few happy tears of memories, and we went to bed about 11:30 ready to start on the next day of adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb