Day 01: Oslo Biz - Cafe Cathedral (Mar 2018)


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
March 18th 2018
Published: March 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 18th March 2018

After touching down at the airport, R brought me to the railway platform to board a NSB train to the National Theatre Station in downtown Oslo. With two departing trains every hour, this is a comparatively cheaper way to travel (NOK 66) compared to the Flytoget Service (NOK 190).

After depositing my baggage at the hotel, R and I headed to the Cafe Cathedral within the Karl Johans Gate vicinity for breakfast. Since this was a Sunday, most of the shops in downtown Oslo were not opened for business.

In the afternoon, we did a fair bit of sight-seeing to cover areas like the Opera House, Aker Brygge as well as the Akershus Fortress where it housed a rather extensive Military Museum (free admission).

We arrived at R's apartment at the upmarket neighbourhood of Majorstuen in the evening. Dinner was self-catering Laksa noodles which needed to be shipped directly from Singapore. Needless to say, this was a nice dinner encounter full of ethnic flavours from our hometown. Oh yes, the sweet treats from Pascal were a delicious way to end the beautiful Sunday evening!

1 SGD = NOK 5.64


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb