Lillehamer & Geiranger Fjord


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Hamar
August 18th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Skøl Everyone!!!

Wow...I LOVE Norway! It feels like home to me.
We spent our first day of our tour in Lillehamer & toured the Olympic Ski Jump. We made a trip down the ski lift and watched the althetic young lads training on the hill. It was very funny to see this in the middle of summer. But the jump is covered in green plastic fringey stuff and they wet it down. They were jumping right beside us as we came down the lift.

The Norwegians keep their homes and properties very neat and tidy! Very colorful. Some homes have tile roofs but there are still lots that have sod roofs. Darlene is concerned about picking her raspberries off the roof. Apparently, the roof does not rot - weird!!!

Today we drove up over the mountains and took a ferry down the Geiranger Fjord. It was amazing!! Lots of hairpin turns and scary corners up the mountain and spectacular views! Waterfalls galore!!! Again, it reminds me so much of BC.

We are now in Leon & settling into the hotel - will go for a swim and a walk later on. We have to walk to wear off the food. They have incredible buffets - lots of fish!!!

I haven't had a chance to take pictures off of my camera and load onto this website yet. Might have to wait until we get back to Oslo or into Bergen & figure it out.

Lana & Darlene

Advertisement



18th August 2008

Food and wine....need pics!!
Love your blog. Sounds like you two ladies are really seeing it all! All we need is some pictures of some of the wonderful scenery! How is the food and beer? Meet any interesting people? Lana, have you bought any new shoes? Cheers!
21st August 2008

Lucky you!
Isn't Norway amazing! The people are so wonderful and lots of open face sandwiches and pop. They stay up really late as they have daylight longer. I too went to the Geiringer Fjord and Lillehhamer. Did you go on that crazy windy road, the Trol something or other. I will get my diary and fill you in on the name. Are you going to Alesund? you should, it is like Venice. The fjords come right into the city and people boat to the various places. Beautiful city on the West Coast. I am so jealous, little sister, take lots of pictures. If you do go to Alesund, I will give you Per-Arild's number. He was the one that worked for Royal Caribeean as the Staff Captain,drove the cruise ship. Cute too, but he just married a girl from Peru. Luv you! Us
25th August 2008

Hey - Yes, it's beautiful! We are waaaaayyyy up north now - Tromsø. We are flying to Bergen tomorrow and then taking a boat up the Sognefjord to my relatives. Yes, we did go up that windy road in a big tour bus and we were in the front seat. Darlene and I thought we were going over a couple of times!!! yikes!

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb