Back to Etten Leur


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
August 1st 2011
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well well, we woke up to a very nice sunny day. What a change. It was our last day in England and with weather like this we decided to go to Dover via Brighton. We heard a lot about it and having time on our hand, we set the Tom Tom to avoid motorways. Not altogether sure if that was a good idea, for apart from showing those nice villages we also travelled very small roads where it was very hard to pass each other. Lots of places we were a touch apart, and only could move slowly, that cost time. More time than we anticipated. On arrival in Brighton we saw the pier was still existing. We had no chance to get rid of the car, sorry photos were not possible. We drove over the boulevard but were unsuccessful. Had to stay with the car while Liz went out to take pictures. We just could not go away without that. When we all were back safely in the car we continued towards Dover, keeping to minor roads. An absolute marvellous scenery where we drove. Rows of trees on both sides of the road gave a nice shade, that changed again to open small roads that gave a look at the rolling hills, where the corn was waiting to be reaped. We kept looking at the time and saw that slow driving was not an option any more. Time was urgent to make the Ferry. All things come at once, Liz had an urgent nature call. If there is one thing that England misses out on is public toilets. None there. In one of the of the tree lined lanes I managed to find a good place for Liz but after stopping we saw it was already occupied by others that obviously had the same problem. No hope there, we kept looking and thank heaven, we found one. A small pub called Worlds Wonder and there was parking. In a flash Liz left the car while I went inside to see what we could order. We would like scones and thee or rather coffee. It was not made there so it became coffee with apple crumble. We found a place to sit. There were lots of locals, some went outside to look at our number plate, to see where we were from. When our order arrived I did not get coffee but a pot of tea. A well, that might be better, the coffee in England is not that good and the tea tasted okay. We were in luck we arrived on time at the Ferry, no control again did not even had to show our passport. We were shown to go to lane 127. Not many cars there and we had plenty of time now for the Ferry would leave in an hour. Liz was of to the toilet when an official person told me that we could on this the ferry that was about to leave but we had to get on now. With Liz gone I had a problem. It was to far away to call. The man was urging me to start the car and get on the ferry, just that time Liz appeared and I was waving my arms to tell her to hurry up. Out of breath she arrived and we could drive onto the ferry. They left five minutes later. We had a very smooth run back to France. We arrived there at 6 P.M. Not many cars on the ferry, the embarking was very quick. We had another three hours of so to make Etten Leur. There we found a nice restaurant to fill our empty stomach. We had nothing to eat since breakfast. Jola and Hugo were waiting for us and happy to see us there at 11 P.M. To much to talk so bedtime was early morning. Further plans are in the making and till than bye for now Liz & Allan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb