Visiting Etten Leur.


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Brabant
August 5th 2011
Published: August 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We finally had a sunny day again. Sun shinning, blue skies all around. The suggestion was to go for a bike ride. Hugo and Jola have four bikes, so we each had one. The bikes were made ready, of some of them the saddles had to be lowered. Drink bottles in bags and baskets. Liz took her bike into the street to try it out. After a few attempts, she really tried. Hugo looked on and said that this was no good. You are to insecure and scared for falling. He was right. The last bike ride was about 15 years ago and age has a bit to do with it as well, although she does not like to admit that. As for Allen his leg had a problem reaching over the saddle. With the camera on his back it did not feel to comfortable. Bikes were back in the shed and we took place in the car. A short drive took us to the Mastbos, a Forrest not that far away. Parked the car at the edge, and walked into the beautiful fresh air. Some lovely photo and video opportunities were waiting. We also enjoyed some of the nice food you find in the small cafes. They are hard to resist On the way back the weather deteriorated and rain was falling. Hugo had to do some gardening there and than . No problem, the Dutch are used to water. A photo will show you how this unique situation was solved. Time had come to say Good Bye to Jola and Hugo once again who look after us very well when we are there. We looked out to a few quiet days and found a nice place in de Lutte, a little place not far from where Allen spent his childhood. Always wanted to visit the area around there and that is what we have in mind. Like to show Liz the places where I used to play, that is if they are there and not flattened for new houses. After lunch we set up the Tom Tom to avoid motorways, but we soon saw we made no progress and had to turn to the fast speedy lanes that took us in a couple of hours to our place of choice. We settled in and are looking forward to the coming days. Bye for now Liz and Allan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb