The Singapore Stopover


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
September 4th 2009
Published: September 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

getting a lift to workgetting a lift to workgetting a lift to work

check this out!!!
The Veitches have left Melbourne and on the way to Amsterdam we had a 2 night stopover at Singapore.

Flying to Singapore was my first ever flight overseas and it went for 7.5 hours. Even though it was hot, tiring, and Harry was having to eat a cup of ice every 5mins to keep himself cool, I still enjoyed it!

On the first day we went to Singapore Zoo because everyone who had beeen there said it was great. The zoo was fantastic, but for us it didn't turn out that well. Firstly the queue took about an hour then after about half an hour it started pouring with rain and it just poured.

On the morning of the second day we went to the bird park which was great. It began with the bird show where the highlight for me was the talking parrot. The parrot was very funny and could speak three languages in which he could count to ten say 'hello' and 'how are you' as well as sing 'happy birthday to you'. Another fun thing was feeding the birds. You feed them necter and as soon as you got it they'd all jump on you.

We also went on a river cruise along Singapore river where we saw lots of famous sights although it had THE most ANNOYING voice over in the WORLD !!!!

Finally one of the best things about Singapore was where we stayed. We had a buffet breakfast every morning and had fun swimming in the huge pool.


By Tom Veitch



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

their number platestheir number plates
their number plates

i wish our numberplates were like this


4th September 2009

Good job Tom!
Another winning piece of documentary information. Glad to see you have the hang of writing expressively and with great descriptive words and personalised phrases. And yes you were wrong on one count. I was once a radio DJ for 3 years and yes I HAVE THE MOST ANNOYING VOICE-OVER VOICE IN THE WORLD! You are lucky this is written. If it was via phone, you'd hear it! Say hi to the family. Have you hit Amsterdam yet? And the big question is, is it cold? I have never been there and just think of snow and coldness. Enjoying your blog, Sue.
4th September 2009

Hi Tom, we are enjoying reading your blog. It's fantastic.
4th September 2009

The Zoo is Fantastic
Hi Tom, Loved the stories from Singapore. Reading about the zoo and the rain brings back memories of my trips. I have been caught in the rain at the zoo and when it rains in Singapore it really rains doesn't it! It is a long time since I have been to the bird park, but I do remember the shows. I think that when I went on the river cruise I must have had the same guide!!! We finished packing the classroom yesterday and the removalists are busy at work this weekend moving all the things so that the teachers can spend Monday and Tuesday setting up the rooms. The kids are all looking forward to a couple of days off. When they return on Wednesday, there will be a short time spent in the new rooms before we head to Wakakirri. I look forward to reading the next instalment of the Veitch Trip. Have a great time, Sue Strad PS Surprised to see the other "Sue" who was commenting on your writing style. I know your writing style is fantastic!

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb