Amsterdam!!!!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
October 7th 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we arrived at 8 in the morning and it was straight onto a train to try and find out hostel The Flying Pig Down town.... Sounds easy enough but we somehow managed to get lost in little cobbled alleyways.... We finally found our way and after checking in and getting our gear sorted out we headed down to the bar….The first thing we noticed was this awfully sweet aroma that seemed to be everywhere. We decided to just ease ourselves into it so we ordered a nice alcoholic cold beverage before running into some Tassie friends Matt and Jess. They had already been hear a couple of days so had the place well and truly sussed out. So they offered to take us around for a taste of what the dam had to offer. First stop was Bulldogs Coffee shop for some……you guessed it….POT smoking experience…..After sharing a joint of purple haze (and coughing our guts up after each puff) and a can of energy drink, we took to the red light district to wander down the alleys and see if we could figure out which ones were boys, which ones were do-able and which ones were just plain right discusting. Sadly, not too many were that attractive and scarily, the boys were hard to tell from the girls. We then grabbed some Brownies from a nearby shop and headed to Grasshoppers to sit outside, enjoy a drink and a mung on the dry, yet slightly satisfying space cake. Needless to say the afternoon was spent in uncontrollable laughter. We found it difficult to do anything but giggle and stare at things... That night we headed to the local movie theatre and watched 500 days of summer just to try and get the feeling of normal back in our system...

Day 2 started with a bike ride around Amsterdam which we would highly recommend. Amsterdam is actually a really beautiful city and you get to see the best side of it on this leisurely tour. Surprisingly hundreds of little canals flow through this city and its easy to get lost with things to do and see away from old town. After the bike tour a visit to the Sex museum was next on the cards with this place housing some provocative and equally disturbing memorabilia….just when you thought you knew it all, there is a pic of a girl having a dump in another girls mouth…..that being said it was still well worth the visit...hehe... A revisit to the brownie store and a local pub got us ready for something different as we wondered into the Casa De Rosa for a live sex show. This was again an experience in itself with Dominatrix, Banana shows, Solo Shows and of course 3-4 different couples getting it on to the beat of the music. Some shows even involved audience participation to which Jen Jen was a bit disappointed not to be picked...this is rubbish andy!! you were just jelous coz they wanted me up on stage all the time and not you!!... After that we took one last stroll through the red light alleys before heading to bed in preparation for an early start for the bus to Berlin. Just for the record….Amsterdam ROCKS!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



1st November 2009

=)
Ewwwwww, too much info with the 'Dumping' situation! haha

Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb