Andernach to Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
June 20th 2019
Published: June 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Andernach to Amsterdam
We set sail early the next day and arrived in Cologne around mid day. After lunch we did a walking tour of Cologne and of course the majestic Koln Cathedral.
I stayed in Cologne back in the 80’s and early 90’s when we would come over for the massive furniture hardware show, so I was pretty familiar with the city, even after all these years not much has changed.
When you consider that 90% of the city was destroyed during WW2 with hardly any damage to the cathedral was testament to the accuracy of the British bombers.
I think the most disappointing thing we have seen since we landed in Europe, including Spain, is the disrespect of the environment by SMOKERS!! they just throw their old cigarette butts on the ground and walk away!! Do they do that in their own homes??? In fact we are very surprised to see how many people are still smoking, I think we have come a long way in New Zealand in this regard.
Overnight, we made our way to the Netherlands, with our final destination, Amsterdam!!
What a fabulous City, the temperature dropped when we arrived, but the clouds cleared and we had great weather for our canal boat tour of the city.
This is the end of our River Cruise with APT.
We would really recommend this company, as everything is included, even alcohol and the ship runs like a slick hotel, staff are great and all off ship tours ran like clockwork.
We’re happy to leave the tour after 15 days and we are looking forward to time with our special friends Cor and Marianne who will come and pick us up tomorrow morning and take us to their home in Zijdewind.
Cheers. Rosco



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Fag ends from irresponsible smokers...grrrr!Fag ends from irresponsible smokers...grrrr!
Fag ends from irresponsible smokers...grrrr!

Cigarette butts were everywhere!!
Huge barges ply the waterway. Huge barges ply the waterway.
Huge barges ply the waterway.

This barge had a full load of shipping containers.


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb