Family visits Saar Germany & Holland


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Brabant » Etten-Leur
August 19th 2014
Published: August 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

From Piesport at the Mosel we had an 80 Kilometres trip to Saarland to visit Liz Family. Some of we had not seen for 24 years. We chose to drive the small roads so we would not arrive to early. It took us through a beautiful area, but again the weather was not so friendly so you could not do much video or photography. On arrival we were warmly greeted and of course the German way with coffee and cake. Later in the day the working part of the family also arrived. It was arranged that we had a barbeque., or what they call a grill night. Sonja & Joerg were just the proud owners of an Australian barbeque and of course wanted to show how good they were. There was German brattwurst and Leoner, two real German traditional sausages. As well as other sorts of meat and salads. Next day we visited Breitenbach where we saw Erwin and Inge we had not seen for over twenty years. That was very nice to see them again. Again greeted with all sort of food o.a. some sort of pancakes or waffles covered with fat bacon that you could only eat two of them, and was enough for the rest of the day. A glass of red was very helpful to flush it down. After the red comes the snaps, having to drive I had to be easy on that. The last day we were guest in Kirkel. Again coffee and cake with lots of wine or beer. We had a nice time there memorising the old times. All good things come to an end so this visit. Saying Good Bye we saw here and there a tear. Now we had to concentrate on our last visit, Etten Leur in Holland. There we meet up with Jola & Hugo, Liz brother and his wife. Here as well the coffee was quickly on the table. On the following day we were invited to a street barbeque party which was very nice. We talked to lots of people who are always curious of our live in Australia. The rest of our stay we visited shops, ate croquets and tried to stay out of the rain. Pity the weather was not that friendly, but we cannot complain most of the trip it was good. Tomorrow we go back to Germany to enjoy a few days to see the Rhine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb