Our Medieval Adventure


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania
June 18th 2011
Published: June 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today Roma decided to take us to the Medieval Festival that was going on in the nearest town. When we arrived, we met up with some of her close friends. It was nice to be able to talk to some of the local youth who were not much older than us. The festival was filled with tents that had food, games, and various handmade goods like jewelry and wooden bowls. We spent the next few hours dancing with jesters, riding horses, posing with knight swords, shields, and helmets, and watching pigs race. After waiting nearly 2 hours for our food at a nearby restaurant, we had the opportunity to work with a blacksmith which involved hammering out metal and pumping oxygen into the fire. It started pouring rain during the medieval dance performance, so we decided it was time to head back.

When we got back to our temporary home, we were swarmed by all the kids. They greeted us warmly with lots of hugs and smiles. The rest of the day involved dance parties, puzzles, and "ninja" games. Before heading up to our room for the night, we drank tea with the teenagers of the house, swapping stories and talking about the similarities and differences between Lithuania and America. Needless to say, it was another amazing and exhausting day.

-Julija

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb