Cruise Day 10, Naples, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 17th 2013
Published: June 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Another early start today because we had booked one of the cruise trips to Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii. Aft leaving the ship we hopped on to a boat which took us to the island of Capri. We had to catch the cable car up the hill. There were heaps of people and it was really hot. We had a walk to the gardens of Augusto and a look in the perfume factory. It is really pretty here and lota of famous people come and stay on this island for there holidays. After that we went back down to the boat and went to Sorrento for lunch. On the way to the restaurant we almost got struck with a bus coming the other way, the roads are really skinny and there was high walls built into the hill. Lunch was yummy then we walked thru the town. On Sundays the Main Street is closed to cars until 1pm so we could walk safely down the street. We visited a wood mosaic factory where they make amazing wood furniture and things. Then we got on a bus and went to Pompeii. I really like the name it sounds cool. When the volcano erupted and coved the city of Pompeii and it buried everything really deep and they have dug out 70% of the ruins which we could walk thru. We learned about the houses and shops and the streets, the water and we saw plaster copies of some of the slaves that got buried too. They had there hands cover there faces to stop the volcanic dust. We also visited a cameo factory and saw how they make cameo's from the shell and coral. After that we were all tired and the bus took us back to the ship. The funny pool butler was there to welcome us back and hand us the nice ice flannels. We had dinner in the Opus Restaurant and went bak to our room to pack for tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb