Italy=Roadtrip!!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
August 24th 2007
Published: September 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In all honesty we are having trouble remembering everything that happened while in Italy so please remember that this is only the tip of the iceberg on what we did.

What I will tell you is that the country in its entirety was absolutely beautiful.

It started off with the train trip to Venice from Nice where I got off one stop too early and was left behind while Juliet and Anth carried on to Venice. Needless to say I caught the next rain out and regrouped with them whithin the following 20 mins where I fell immediately in love with the little city on water. Luckily for us we had accomodation offered to us at a cheap rate without looking for it. Because the little city on water was soo gorgeous and lit up at night we all decided to stay another night before leaving (sob). From there we decided to road-trip it in a rental car (which broke down in Genova after one night of driving because we were told that the car took deisel not petrol) from Venice to Bari over a period of nine days. Firstly we travelled to the Italian Riviera (where Anth met his 'other lady-friend' and said that Juliet was the daughter of the devil) and stayed for three- four nights in camping grounds. Ohh my gosh it was soo hard sleeping on thin swabs of foam feeling every little stone dig painfully into your spine and sides (ended up Juliet, Anth buying extra swabs and myself and Julz buying extra blankets). I dont think any of us got any sleep at all for two / three nights. Anyhoo, the weather was divine, highs of 35 and lows of 29 (are you jealous?) the beaches were to die for and our tans were coming along quite nicely.
Rome was great as soon as we managed to find the campgrounds after three-ish hours of driving around using one of the most useless maps ever printed (gosh)! Needless to say we ended up all strung out, tired and OVER driving (poor Anth drove for 6-ish hours) and pitched our tent in the dark round 11.30pm.
Went into the city the following day, saw some ruins, walked past awesome shops (couldnt afford much more than Mc Donalds) and back again. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the crazy guy on the train into the city
Strike a pose!Strike a pose!Strike a pose!

Charming!..
laughing, talking and singing to me, Ant and Julz. A couple of the other passengers ended up crying because it was soo funny. That night we met Cath and Alan from Manchester, lovely couple! Ended up having drinks in their cabin pissing off other campers for being too noisy (hahaha, true to form).
We finally left Happy Camping (the BEST PIZZAS EVER) after four nights and drove our sorry butts to Bari where we stayed for one night (not the nicest place for ANYTHING) before the loooooooong ferry ride to Patreas.

K.



Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Excuse me sir....Excuse me sir....
Excuse me sir....

Masquarade stores are everywhere!
Kims new bowl...Kims new bowl...
Kims new bowl...

She swore she would use it for everything while camping! Only saw it twice..
Retard Probable...Retard Probable...
Retard Probable...

No comment...
First aid man...First aid man...
First aid man...

Would you trust this man??
GingerinoGingerino
Gingerino

Please note this drink is disgusting... It will not do as a substitute to Ginger Ale with Brandy...
On our way to genova!On our way to genova!
On our way to genova!

We travelled through beautiful countryside, here's Kimmy by a stream.
First camp dinner!First camp dinner!
First camp dinner!

Crackers again...
Anth and J :)Anth and J :)
Anth and J :)

Looking over Portofino..


25th September 2007

love that you guys are having fun!! oxox
30th September 2007

Luge
Auckland got a luge next to snow planet now. It should still be here when you get back. Wow you are having fun. I am happy for you. No, really, I am really happy for you. Had any good fights/arguments yet? That tent looks pretty small. Look forward to the next update. Nathan

Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb