Breganze. Home of the Laverda Motorbike.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 7th 2019
Published: July 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

After six long days of driving we have finally made it to Breganze. Home of the Laverda family. The family started up the Laverda motorbike company in this town 70 years ago. Hence the Gala celebrations.

Laverda is much liked around these parts as , once upon a time they practically provided the whole town with employment.

The Gala dinner Marque and the hundreds of motorbikes took over the whole of the town square. Even shop windows displayed at least one Laverda amongst the products for sale there. Opticians displaying pairs of glasses around a Laverda bike, Fruit and vegetable shops, Bakeries, Clothing shops to name but a few all proudly displaying a bike as the focal point.

We went into town soon after arriving at our B &B place and bumped into club members in no time at all. There was a real party atmosphere going in the town square. Also practically everyone around was wearing a Laverda T shirt of one kind or another. ( including me!)

The Gala dinner Marque and the hundreds of motorbikes took over the whole of the town square. Even shop windows displayed at least one Laverda amongst the products for sale there. Opticians displaying pairs of glasses around a Laverda bike, Fruit and vegetable shops, Bakeries, Clothing shops to name but a few all proudly displaying a bike as the focal point.



Next day we returned at lunch time to catch up with the English crowd and try to arrange transport into the town for the gala dinner later that night. We had planned to walk but soon realized that would be impossible as the road between Breganze town centre and our B and B, although only two kms away, was like a motorway. It turned out there were no taxi companies in the town. One local man who was on the organising committee came to our rescue and offered to collect us and then drop us off at the end of the night.How kind!

We spent the afternoon at the test track outside the Laverda factory watching various bikes roaring around.The most exciting ones for me were the ones with a sidecar on. As they roared around the circuit the rider on the sidecar was practically scraping the floor with his knees and elbows.

Later when we arrived back at our B and B the owner came to us and offered to take us into town too and said he'd pick up again at midnight


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

CrazyCrazy
Crazy

The motorbike in the background set off and blew stripes of orange white and green from his exhaust. Only caught the last bit on camera as it merged to orange!

Our lounge/ kitchen Our lounge/ kitchen
Our lounge/ kitchen

All the mod cons you could wish for!


Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 14; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb