Je me pas parle au Francais


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
February 7th 2012
Published: February 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Nice was not as much of a party as Barcelona, but we had a great time regardless. Our first full day in Nice we decided to get lost. We walked along the main strip for quite some time, until we got sick walking by stores.

We decided to climb up a small mountain in search of adventure. After too many stairs, we reached the top, which ended up having three museums at the top,as well as a park with vegetable gardens. We had the best view of the whole city( watch the video on Facebook to judge for yourself), which was well worth the grueling walk. We ended up going into one of the museums which was actually an old cathedral, with awesome paintings all along the ceiling. The walk back was much easier, and we stopped at a super market to buy some groceries and wine. The rest of the night was spent relaxing ad talking to people at the hostel. We had a 6 bed dorm for the price of a 10 bed dorm so we felt quite lucky...which also made up for the really squeaky beds.

I am proud to say Justyn and I woke up for every free breakfast which helped us live cheap. The breakfast had free coffee which was our favourite part- we both haven't had coffee in over a week and were quite caffeine deprived. Our diet consisted of salami, cheese and baguette and then for dessert, cheese wrapped in salami. We occasionally made pasta, but our sandwiches were always the go to meal.

We went out to a bar one night with a friend/employee of the hostel. We went to a bar called Wayne's and when we arrived, a band had been playing. We caught the last two songs of their set, then the dj had came on. The bar was bumping; people we dancing on tables (including ourselves) and there were spilt drinks everywhere. The bar closed at two so we went to another which had a live band playing. We danced like crazy till 4 in the morning and all three of us had woken up with sore necks from heading banging the night before.

One day, Justyn and i hoped on a bus heading to a small town called Eze, just outside of Nice. We were high up in the mountains and took some great pictures of the French riviera. We decided to climb down the mountain along a narrow trail. Once we reached the road, our bus tickets had expired and the next bus was coming in an hour. We ended up hitchhiking back into town with a nice elderly couple, whom spoke very little English; I'm glad we survived.

That night we watched the super bowl at a bar with friends from the hostel. Besides one other guy, the others did not fully understand the rules of American football. We all got a beer tower to split as we watched our team lose. The game ended around 4 in the morning.

The day after, we caught a train that took us into Monaco- a tax haven. The city was full of fancy cars, massive yacht and expensive condos. We walked around all day and explored the old part of town, as well as monte Carlo. Before heading home, we stopped for authentic French cuisine- crepes.

Our stay in Nice was awesome; our hostel was cozy and met tones of people, most of which were Aussies. Now we're in pursuit of Milan, Italy. We'll be staying there for a few days before heading to Venice to visit my family. Our hostel is run down, but it's a place to rest our head. More adventures to come!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb