Barc to Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
February 2nd 2012
Published: February 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

My stay in Barcelona was short but packed full of activity. Everyday was spent walking around down, discovering something new. We frequently walked along the coast and stopped by the port to watch the boats in the water.
We have met tones of new people at our hostel. Every evening was spent in the lobby or on the town drinking and relaxing. We would also adventure together- a bunch of us had walked through the gothic quarter and went into Picasso's art museum. It was so interesting to see the progression of his art from early teen years to later in life and the way he is able to manipulate colors to portray emotion. We have managed to live relatively cheap... The key is buying your meals at grocery stores. Every now and then we would grab a shwarma from around the corner for vey cheap. I have missed free breakfast twice so far- I blame it on the jet lag.. My body had still been adjusting to the time change. Last night was our last in barcelona. We had to catch a night bus at 12 so we sat around and played drinking games with our friends at the hostel. We also met an Australian guy who we hope to meet up with once in England. Our night bus was a twelve hour journey to Nice, France. It was the cheapest way to get there.. But I'm surprised we made it. The bus was crowded and justyn and i weren't sble to sit together. As we entered France, snow covered the ground and we began to worry about the weather. The bus had fell behind schedule and we arrived in Nice at 12:30 pm the next day. Justyn and I now had a 5k walk along the ocean to get to our hostel. To out surprise, Nice was nice and sunny. Nice is a beautiful ocean city- beaches and mountains all around the city. We arrived to our hostel it's no issue and it's time to relax and absorb the French culture. That's all for now! I posted a few photos from Barcelona on Facebook, so take a gander if you like.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb