ma che cazzo?


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
November 8th 2009
Published: November 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

we got our flight to milan really early on the 3rd of september. when we arrived we went straight to the main train station to meet our host stefano. after 10 min he showed up and took us to his house wich was really central. a really cool house, big living room, not many furniture...really a architect's house. he showed us a couple of places to go before he went back to work. we decided to see the duomo cathedral. the cathedral is quite impressive, really beautiful, but besides that and a italian version of galeries lafayette, i don't think there's much to see in milan. its quite grey city. so after checking those two places we decided to get lost in the city. and basically thats what we did till we decided to get a tram and try to find a museum. while we were waiting for the tram we saw this american couple having some problem with an italian officer. so they asked brad if he could help them, but brad doesnt speak anything but english, but he had the great idea to say that i understand italian so i went there to see if i could help but i was very clear saying that i cant speak italian. so the story was: the couple didnt know that they had to buy the ticket before getting in the tram so when they asked the driver how much was it, he explained how it works and said that they need to get off in the next stop so they could buy, but the next stop was full of officers checking the tickets and the poor couple didnt have none. and the officer couldn speak any english so me and a random italian dude were trying to explain that the bus driver told them to do that but she didnt wanna understand so the only thing she could do, just coz they were tourists, was make only one of them pay a fee of 34euros!!! poor guys...thats was a milan warm welcome for them. after this we couldnt find the museum so we took a walk in a park, got some gelatto and went back home to meet stefano again. stefano told that he wasnt going out coz he was too tired from work. we stayed there having some beers with him and his girlfriend and thats when he told that his flatmates bedroom was going to be our bedroom. a huuuuge double bedroom...better than anything we could expect! then we left to find some food. we had a plan to go next to the canals, but the metro was closed and taxis in italy are very expensive so we decided to stay next to his place. so we sit down in this bar/restaurant/weirdsmallclub and asked for a pizza and 2 beers. when the bill came it was 24euros for that..we payed 7euros for a small mug of beer!!! then we start talking with this two portuguese and two irish guys who were in the same situation as us. in the end of the night we exchanged numbers coz the next day would be the last night of all of us but before going we end up meeting five spanish girls.
next day we met a friend of mine then tried again to find the stupid museum. and we found! but it was 8euros to check the exhibition. so we decided to leave, went to another park for a walk, stayed there for a bit and went back to stefanos place. that night he went out but we werent invited, so we went to meet the people from the other night. it was quite a cool night in a street full of bars and clubs. everything so expensive but was a cool night though. next day we packed our bags and went out for lunch and i had this HUGE slice of pizza...it was sooooo good. after that we said bye to stefano got our stuffs and went to the airport to get our flight to bratislava.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb