cheap as


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava
November 9th 2009
Published: November 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

we got in bratislava and we were trying to figure out which ticket to buy from the airport till the train station. they have tickets that are valid for 15min, 30min and so on. so if youre in a traffic jam and you have a 15min ticket and an officer appear, basically youre in trouble. but the good thing is they are very cheap..like 0,50euros. we met our hosts dominika and brano at the train station and went to their house. we stayed there for a bit, checking out the map and she showed us nice things we could do. bratislava is pretty small but if you have the chance to meet locals you can do many stuffs around. after that we went to the city center to have dinner. she took us to a slovak pub. cheap food and cheap beer! you pay like 0,80euros for a pint of beer. after that we went for a walk and did some kind of “pub crawl”. we stopped in this bar/rock club pretty cool but really packed. sheap beer once again! we stayed there dancing and drinking when suddenly they turn off all the lights and the bar tender, all girls dressing like moulin rouge, started to put fire on the bar while a really heavy song was playing. it was very cool! after that we went to another pub. i think its funny that all bars, and some restaurants are downstairs..this one was as well. so we sat on this table with an old drunk guy and he was telling our host how he gambled for a soccer game and lost his money. than we saw an empty table and we went there coz the old dude was talking too much and me and brad couldn’t understand a word. after another couple of beers we went back home. the next day brad and i headed to downtown as our hosts were having lunch in their parents house. we saw a coronation for something, like they used to do in the old days. we went to the castle that doesn’t look like a castle, but you can see vienna from there, saw the “upsidedown” building..looks like a pyramide upsidedown . then we found an exhibition of illustrations from all over the world..it was very cool and we just needed to pay 1euro to get in and we got a free poster and a sticker! after that we went back to the old town to have dinner. once again cheap food and cheap beer and all very tasty! the next day we woke up early and went to the train station to go to budapest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



12th November 2009

which year it was???
12th November 2009

this year..on the beggining of september

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb