Santorini


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 19th 2006
Published: June 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Santorini SunsetSantorini SunsetSantorini Sunset

It was really really windy!
The first day on Santorini was quite dissapointing, spent most of it on the ferry. However when we finally arrived we were treated to dinner on a cliffside restaurant overlooking the caldera, so that made up for it. Santorini is part of a volcano, so consequently there are breathtaking views, lots and lots of stairs and lots of smelly donkeys to take the lazy tourists up the stairs. After dinner we wandered lazily through the maze of streets with cute little shops selling all manner of tourist tripe, but a few selling genuinely nice stuff. I was quite restrained, the weight of my pack being enough to persuade me not to buy too much stuff.
On the second day in Santorini we went and climbed the volcano. It is quite a recent volcano the last eruption being only 50 or 60 years ago, and you could see little bits of steam coming out of it. Very cool. After the volcano we needed a swim so we went to some volcanic hot springs. To get there we had to jump off the boat (we were only supposed to jump off the lower level but we jumped off the top one, very fun) and swam about 100 metres. The water was bright orange and my swimmers were quite stained afterwards, but it was lovely. A bit cold swimming back though!
That night we went to Oia and watched the famed Santorini sunset. It was really beautiful but i think the clapping afterwards was a bit much. We had a picnic up there and while I thought drinking wine out of a cask was bad, how about a plastic bottle! After that continued on for a night out of course which was pretty good fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



19th June 2006

I'm Jealous. Did I mention that I'm Jealous?
Hey chicky well sounds like you are having an absolute blast, miss ya heaps, still waiting for non-PG-rated stories :) keep taking pics of all that fantastic italian male scenery for me! love ya lots! Becksta. PS did i mention again that I'm Jealous. Mwa!
20th June 2006

Nice work Sars...
LOL... Nice to see you living the high life with your classy plastic bottles of wine! Miss ya heaps.
27th June 2006

Wow
Sara those photo's look amazing, i'm so jealous. Did i mention it was -4 here just a few nights ago! Good to see you're enjoying it.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb