Sun, Sand, Ouzo and Gyros!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Ios
June 8th 2006
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today is my last day on the beautiful island of Ios. 😞 It is the party capital of the Greek Islands, probably because it is also one of the cheapest! Had the best night out ever two nights ago, watched the sun rise on the beach and everything, and i think i spent about 20 euros. Our whole tour group is the best, there is a really cool group of about 6 of us who get on really well and im going to miss them at the end of this leg. Tried to back up last night as well but it wasnt as successful as the night before and i got home at an early 2am. Was still heaps of fun though, didnt dance on any bars this time though....
Anyways, before Ios we were on Paros which is my favourite of the islands so far, really beautiful, after a night out our tour leader Alex, made us walk up this huge hill/mountain hangover and all to see some pirates bone/s and a monestary which was totally not worth it but the views were spectacular so we forgave him. We went on a tour of the island which included me thinking i had lost my wallet and totally panicking but then realising i had only left it on the bus. We stopped at various beaches and played some water volleyball and also saw a really cool church. but i think the best thing about Paros was our accomadation. Coral rooms are set on a big hill overlooking a gorgeous beach and the people who ran the place were really friendly, we hung out and did karaoke with them and they looked after us really well.
Stayed on the Contiki resort in Mykonos which was nice, but pretty impersonal and commercial and far away from the town. None the less had a pretty good time, the Greek food is really really good here, im still trying to decide if i like Greek or Italian food better, but il be heading back to Italy for a while so some more consideration may take place. Hopefully meeting up with Claire and Sam in Rome again so we might try to find some McGrappa! Miss you all, hope everyone is well!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Hangover CureHangover Cure
Hangover Cure

The hill that almost killed me....
Tracy, Kiwi Sarah and MeTracy, Kiwi Sarah and Me
Tracy, Kiwi Sarah and Me

Some of the party crew
More of the party crewMore of the party crew
More of the party crew

Im laughing at lauren....


14th June 2006

Hey Sara! It's great to hear you're having a fun time - you certainly sound busy! We all miss you here back in Aussieland. You're doing all us boozehags proud with your table-top dancing stories. Keep on trucking...go hobo, go!!!

Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb