Rome heatwave


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 4th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

For our Rome accomodations we decided to give the campgrounds a shot. It saved us about 15 euros a night and we had a POOL!!!! And thank god for that pool because Rome was HOT!!!! Our first full day in Rome we decided to go to the Vatican. The last Sunday of every month admission to the Vatican is free so we got up nice in early and hopped into the notorious long line. Our wait was under 2 hours which is actually pretty short compared to other people we had talked to's wait. The Sisteen Chapel was the best part of the whole museum as I imagine it is for most people. We didn't get an audio guide describing all the art in the museum which probably would have made the rest of the Vatican more interesting to us. We found out via an Aussie couple that had we gone to the Basilica around noon we could have seen the Pope. We were a bit bummed that we missed him but hey you win some you lose some.

The next day we took in all the other main sites. We saw the Spanish steps, Trevi fountain, Coloseum, St. Peter's
Colosseum
Basilica (Pope tombs being the highlight) and the Pantheon. During this time I was having a bit of a hissy fit over camera issues therefore most pictures on this blog are from Laura's camera. It was also blasted HOT during this day and we were constantly trying to find public drinking fountains to keep our water bottles filled. Most of my water bottle was being spilled over my head.

Our last day we did nothing but hangout by the pool. It's def. nice to have a day to just do nothing but relax.

Next stop Tuscany




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb