Grosseto, Pisa, Tuscany and Laura and my favorite pastime


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
July 6th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Grosseto

Laura and I have been making a bad habit of booking our hostels a bit to late landing us in unknown Grosseto. We decided to stay in another campground again but the campground was way outside the city and it wasn't cheap to get back into the city so we mostly just hungout at the campgrounds and the nearest beach. There really isn't to much to say about Grosseto other then I got some awesome sunset shots with my camera.

Pisa

Our train to Florence passed through Pisa so we decided to get off the train, drag our 40 pound backpacks a kilometer and take pictures of the Leaning Tower. Yes folks it does lean. We spent 20 minutes taking touristy pictures of us holding the tower "up", ate some gelato like we do everyday and took the kilometer trek back and got back on the train.

Tuscany

I was hoping our hostel would be in one of the medieval hilltop towns but instead it was in a small town that looked like any small town in America. Our mission for our full day was to head to San Gimignano a Rick Steves favorite and one of the best medieval towns in the
Tuscan region. Most of the town is filled with shopping, torture chamber museums and churches. I ate some gelato at a shop that was supposed to be the worlds best gelato. It was good but I would go on to have better in Venice. Our favorite pastime was started while waiting for our bus to take us from San Gimignano to our hostel. We decided our pictures are far more entertaining when we make the most ridiculous faces we can thank of. The really funny ones are on Laura's camera but I have a few good ones.

Next stop Cinque Terre




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Funny FacesFunny Faces
Funny Faces

Ditzy look
Funny FacesFunny Faces
Funny Faces

Our where the hell are we look


Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb