still here


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
August 7th 2005
Published: August 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well I went to the airport which is all I was supposed to have to to do get an ticket for today. What they didn't take into acount when telling me this is that United nor Luftunsa have a ticket counter in Naples!!!! The nearest is Rome. Looks like I may be stuck here till the 11th. If so I am just going to hang out on one of the islands. It will blow my budget, but much better than hanging out here in the crazy city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

big door little doorbig door little door
big door little door

It is strange for me to see people popping in and out of these little door what have been roughly cut out of a huge often ornate door. It is often done with a sazall and turns out wavey and crooked. A real contrast of old world craftsmanship and modern poor quality work.
aggresive drivingaggresive driving
aggresive driving

There seems to be an ongoing race here all the time and yielding is not part of the equation. Although drivers were always good about swerving around me when I crossed the street or when they were driving on the sidewalk.
cell phone mopedcell phone moped
cell phone moped

I wish I had the shot a second earlier when she was holding the phone against the driver's ear as the zipped through traffic.


9th August 2005

garret! have you made it to florence? i (laurie)loved florence!! maybe that city would help redeem italy for you. (tim) or at least give you the chance to hear a mando player in a striped shirt on a skinny boat. O wait, that's venice. in any case, we (tim and laurie) are really excited that we'll hook up with you in just a week! we're busy trying to get our stuff together to leave tomorrow. tim got a new job, and laurie picked up more classes to teach, so we both have to be at school early on the morning after we return from europa. agh!! Travel on, and pay heed to the "mysterious traveling companion" voice in your head. We miss you--see you in Germany for beer and black forest cake. :)

Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb