Ireland Rocks! (pun intended)


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
November 5th 2009
Published: November 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Tuesday 13th October we left Galway and made our way south along the west coast and we did a few stops throughout the day. The first one was to an old castle/house where we were supposed to walk around anti-clockwise once for good luck. Although I am not too sure how true that was because one of the girls on the tour actually fell head first down the bank on the side of the castle - ouch! Then we stopped at a Leprechaun Wishing Well where we said our name whilst throwing a coin using our right hand over our left shoulder and the coin had to land directly in the water without touching any other part of the well and the Leprechauns would give us good luck. I had to have two goes at that one!

We continued along the west coast and drove through the area known as the Burren. It is a rocky limestone area that adjoins the ocean along the west coast. We got the chance to have a little walk over the limestone rocks, it was pretty impressive.

Next stop was the Cliffs of Moher. I have been here before but it was still beautiful. We walked along the cliff and up to O'Briens Tower. Although the clouds started rolling in the views along the cliffs and out over the Atlantic Ocean were really impressive. The rain started as we were heading off but up until then the weather had been fantastic. Even our tour guide couldn't stop going on about how great the weather was.

That night we stopped off in Killarney and at our hostel we had 11 people from our tour group in one room which was interesting. I was slowly getting used to all the people staying in one room and sharing the 2 bathrooms but living out of the suitcase was getting difficult considering I pretty much emptied my bag everytime I opened it. Probably not the best idea but I was getting pretty good at repacking it! We headed out to dinner at one of the many local pubs and I had more Bulmers (yummy). At another pub that we went to later on there was meant to be a guy singing that nearly won X Factor (I think that was the show). Anyway he didn't end up making it but another guy was singing and he was fantastic. I love Irish pubs!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The BurrenThe Burren
The Burren

Along the west coast of Ireland
At the Cliffs of MoherAt the Cliffs of Moher
At the Cliffs of Moher

with O'Briens Tower in the back ground


Tot: 0.374s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb