Planning, Exploring, and More Planning


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 16th 2012
Published: June 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sasha and ISasha and ISasha and I

Watching the Ireland vs. Spain match - we lost 4-0
Well we've had a few days now here in Dublin, and we've got to see quite a bit. We've been to several pubs (as you should), seen the Book of Kells at Trinity College, the bank, major post office, and have just walked all over the place. *by the way, most of these photos are from google - no camera card upload slot, sry!*

We've also been spending what seems like hours trying to plan the best route to get around the country without having to drive. I really don't want to drive here, but if we have to I will. I just don't want us getting into an accident. Sasha can't drive because she doesn't have her license, and then I'd need an automatic. And then there's the whole driving on the opposite side of the road bit...

Other than all of our planning, we've mostly been spending time with our hostel friend Sandy (another Australian) who just left our hostel last night. He had to go to another one in order to be closer to a tour he's going on. We've enjoyed some delicious food, drinks, and getting to know some people.

The Book of Kells
This is a 2 way road?This is a 2 way road?This is a 2 way road?

Yeah, that's not going to work...
at Trinity College was really really interesting to see. I can't imagine having to scribe in such tiny print, and at the same time everything be so colorful! Their alphabet was really neat looking as well - each letter had a beautiful design wrapped around it. The picture here doesn't do it justice. We also walked through the long room at the Trinity Library. It holds over 200,000 books, all from centuries ago. It was also used without permission in Star Wars: Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones. Uploaded is a side-by-side.

Well, my time is almost out here, but we've at least booked our bus to Galway, and our flight out of Cork to London! Today we're headed to Whelan's Pub (PS I Love You was filmed there), Phoenix Park, and Colin Farrell's dad's shop (haha)! It should be a fairly decent day as long as the rain holds up *fingers crossed*

Until next time...


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Trinity CollegeTrinity College
Trinity College

At Trinity College
Book of Kells pageBook of Kells page
Book of Kells page

Page of beautiful writing
AlphabetAlphabet
Alphabet

Book of Kells alphabet
Long LibraryLong Library
Long Library

Trinity College Library - so amazing!
ComparasionComparasion
Comparasion

Star Wars vs. Library
szechuan, sweet and sour, and sauteeszechuan, sweet and sour, and sautee
szechuan, sweet and sour, and sautee

Myself, Sandy, and Sasha - Sandy was definitely the life of the party, gotta love his crazy dancing!
Temple Bar!Temple Bar!
Temple Bar!

Our hostel was 1 building up from it
This much closer to Colin FarrellThis much closer to Colin Farrell
This much closer to Colin Farrell

So this is Colin Farrell's parents health store. Yes I took a photo, and OF COURSE we had to go in!


16th June 2012

Wow! :D Movie lesson. Glad you're having a good time!
16th June 2012

Haha thx Reed!
18th June 2012

Cool Library!
The library looks amazing...I want to climb one of those ladders and pull a book down! Have fun Chandra. BTW, who's the good lookin dude in your (profile) picture?
19th June 2012

Hi Tammy! Yes that library was amazing :) And that dude in my pic is Hugh Jackman lol

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb