Last day in Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
April 20th 2009
Published: April 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well today is my last day in Dublin, heading to London tomorrow morning at 9:00am (not looking forward to the early start!!) to meet up with my cousin Katie at her place in Acton Town. Thankfully they have a washer and a drier as i am fast running out of clothes to wear, even though i over packed. My friend Clint (Haysie) lives not far from here also so will hopefully got to have a pint with him before we head off to Turkey for our Gallipoli tour in the morning, ahhh more planes!!

Well the last couple of day have been beautiful in Ireland and i have made the most of them by doin a few tours. On Saturday i went to Newgrange which is about 1.5 from Dublin city in the country. It was really nice to get out to the country and take in some suna dn some fresh air. Of course it was very nice as most of Ireland is especially out of the cities. A funny thing happened though where i went to see newgrnge but didnt actually get to see it. The thing is we got the tour bud to the visitor centre no problem, did the little tour there and then had to go out to these little mini buses that would take us to Newgrange. Newgrange by the way are these ancient Tombs that date back further then the pyramids, anyway, i was listening to my ipod and the drivers got out and started talking now i thought that they said that the first 2 buses were for newgrange but they no they didnt!!! I got on the second bus and started down the road only to be taken to Knowth which is similar but a lot less spectacular. But anyways same thing really and not all that great really, though the tri to the country was very nice. We also stopped at an old monestary which had soem really od Celtic crosses and things. Managed to find one Mooney in the graveyard but it didnt date back to long and was the only one.

Sunday i went with Paddywagon tours to Belfast. We got out at Blefast and was met by a ablack cab taxi driver who took us to the Protestant and Catholic areas to show us the murals and explain the "Troubles" to us. I have been reading book about some of this and was weird seeing paintings of the guys i was reading about. It was a little uneasy being there i must say. We went past the Sinn Fein office on the falls road and they were cleaining what looked like a paint bomb from teh night before off the large metal screens that cover the windows. The taxi driver said that this would of been the group that were involved in the recent killings not happy with Sinn fein denouncing them. I asked did he expect that the trouble might escalate this summer, marching season has began for the protestants, and he replied, it's going to be what we call a hot long summer with little sun!!! You could imagine me thinking get me out of here...haha....but it was very interesting to hear his views and the differing views of the girl who drove us there from Dublin. He being nearer to the conflict obviously had a greater appreciation that he "fight" was still simmering somewhere in the background.

I am at the moment in the Dublin school of English typing this on free internet...not that i am supposed to be hear. My friend Romeo attends and he was like you can come use the computer and then he left me by myself so i am hoping that no one aske me anything as i will have to say sorry no english...but no other language either haha!!! Oh well if the boot me i will have to leave!!

Tonight we are going to have a final Guinness in Temple Bar somewhere...i am hoping it will be an early one though that often goes out the window here. Last night i though i was in bed early and then realised it was actually 12:40am...time just flies here. Anyway will post again soon...take care all!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb