One week down - Cont'd


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
April 17th 2009
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, back in Sunny Dublin after a few days in Galway cirty. Galway is a very nice little city, full of Universtiy students, around 15,000 of a population of around 90,000 people, so it has a young feel to it.

I think the last timei wrote i forgot to mention that i went to Croke Park. For all you non-sport's fans this is where the play the hurling and gaelic football and where the play the all ireland finals but more importantly, where the Aussies's beat the Irish in International Rules, well occasssionly the beat us too. it is a really good staduim, the 4th biggest in europe i think. They showed a video before the tour showing the crowd and stuff there during match day. Would love to comeback and watch a game of Hurling or Gaelic footy as the crowd go absolutely mad. Def on my things to do list, maybe on my way to Lisdonvarna for the matchmaking festival later in the year!!! hehe!

Today in Dublin it started out raining and made me put off doing a tour to Newgrange as i mentioned i wanted to do. The day though looks as though it will turn out ok, for Dublin anyway, so i am a bit spewing that i didnt do it today. The weekend looks clear and sunny so will probabaly be nicer tomorrow anyway. Sunday i have booked a 1 dday tour to go to Belfast. Will be a long day but looking forward to it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb