Dublin for the night


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
February 14th 2009
Published: February 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What you looking at?What you looking at?What you looking at?

So punk what you going to do,,,????
With nothing going on in Carlow, Arturs and I decided to go to Dublin for the night too see what night life we could find. With waving off the true fact that he is only 17, but so close now by days, we decided to try our luck. With no problems we were able to walk right past security. OK, so you have a older friend who could be a brother walking in with, it is no longer a big deal. Heck, if I was working the door I would think nothing of it.

When we first got to Dublin and after check in two of us walked down to the supermarket for beer and food. We ate at the hostel and watched a bit of TV while getting the home drink on. Then off into the city. The first thing we both noticed was the long line at the ATM; at the end of the night they were all empty. I had to get a pic of that, then we noticed that everyone was dressed up a bit more than the two of us.. OH yes, valentines day weekend. Oh well.

We had a stroll in the Temple
wwhhhooo  me........wwhhhooo  me........wwhhhooo me........

Would you just look at this nut job...Man I got to find a better bunch of people, ones that are not loosing it. The fun of train rides, no wonder parents go mad.
Bar area, watching out for the next staggering person to come our way. The area was full of people, madly in love with each other, and pissed drunk. We managed to make it to the metal bar in time for 2 beers and the end of the live session. Then Hell took over with the house DJ....It was a time warp, from the time of mullets and high pitched hair metal. I was done for the night. Next day came back to Carlow and I did laundry.

So what do you think? Fun weekend? Nothing like the life I had in Munich.....



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

HostelHostel
Hostel

Some lads that we were drinking with and watching Top Gear. The common room feals like a bomb bunker.
ATMATM
ATM

Man I need money,,,Money, Money Let me work my thing on this line.
This is pub #11This is pub #11
This is pub #11

Thats right this is Pub #11 and no you can not get in...Its full..Dont trust me, look for your self. Oh and the music was U2 at the time we went past.
Temple Bar AreaTemple Bar Area
Temple Bar Area

Just a nice quiet night out on the town..Not hear..
Super... what?Super... what?
Super... what?

Thats right, its not just one but two changing booths for the superheros..SUPERMAN and SUPERWOMAN. This way there would not be any waiting.
The Salvation ArmyThe Salvation Army
The Salvation Army

Just thought it was a neat looking. Not everyday that you see this. Oh wait yes, across the street from the Dekalb house. But still the best place to shop to furnish a house.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb