Helen & John and Zoe's birthday


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
April 26th 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Was great to see some familiar faces, even if it was the Foxes. Just joking Helen and John. It was so great to see them so happy and full of life. We met John's family and had some great craic down in Blessington on the way to the Wicklow Mountains. Great afternoon and lots of laughing and chatting. And we loved John and Helen coming over because we got some new clothes (although Dave now thinks an extra t-shirt would have been good) and of course we got some Milo, which we have now finished so it's off to the Asian supermarket to get some imitation stuff.

For my birthday, our housemate Fanny made us a cake (and even cleaned up after making it) and after a house dinner Dave, Fanny, Cecile (our other French housemate) and I went on a pub crawl through Dublin. Good times. Then we spent 4 hours on Sunday (much to Dave's disgust) walking through Phoenix Park (the biggest park in Europe) looking at the deer and trying to find this cool little pub called the Hole in the Wall. Nice weekend I'd say.

Hope all is going great with you
The Sunday sessionThe Sunday sessionThe Sunday session

From back: John's brother and girlfriend, John, Helen Front: Helen's nephew and his wife and us.
guys at home. Last night we went to the Woolshed (an Australian pub) for ANZAC day as they had a little ceremony on which was good - a bit emotional but oh well. But the best thing was straight after that on the massive screens they had the ANZAC clash, Essendon v Collingwood. It was good to have a bit of Aussie culture back in to us and to hear the band playing Aussie pub rock songs - you don't know how good it is to go out and actually know all the songs that are being played. Another good weekend.

Well, catch you all later. Send us a message and let us know what you've been doing or haven't been doing. We love hearing about it.

Zoe and Dave


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Me turning 0Me turning 0
Me turning 0

Anyone for a bit of Swedish strawberry cake - soooo goooood.
Dasher, prancer, rudolphDasher, prancer, rudolph
Dasher, prancer, rudolph

Apparently they're not reindeer (according to our housemate Fanny), but they're the closest we'll get.
Happy birthday to me!Happy birthday to me!
Happy birthday to me!

Mmmm...guinness.
My new rideMy new ride
My new ride

Random...


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb