On the move


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » North
July 7th 2012
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 7 – Today was a driving day. We were going from Akureyri to Reykjavik, which would be at least five hours of driving, without stops. We did plan a couple of stops in there, to visit a place with old farm house longhouses, a hot water spring where water is taken and used to heat homes up hundreds of kilometers away, a place where water pours out from under the lava rock, and another waterfall. It was a nice set of stops. When we got into Reykjavik, we checked into our hotel. We didn't really like it or the location too much. We were able to get a little money back on the cost, as the breakfast would be served later than stated and we would have to miss it to make our tour the next day. Once settled, we went for a walk around town. Reykjavik is a nice city. Small and compact, and with a cooler selection of restaurants than we have in Basel. Tons of pizza places. And burritos. We grabbed some dinner at a fish shack. I got lobster soup and Jeroen had salmon kebabs. This was our last night in Iceland. Tomorrow we have to get up early for our tour inside the volcano.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb