Prague and Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
August 7th 2011
Published: August 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we wrote loads about the first few days in Prague, and then Jenna somehow managed to delete it. So here's a slightly less enthusiastic version!

Immediately after our last blog entry, we were forced into a drinking game. Everyone stood in two teams in lines, we had to down our drink, fli the plastic cup over and then it was the next persons turn- we got messy 3 games later, and were bullied into going out. But after waiting for what seemed like an age outside Mc Cafe, everyone decided to go to the 5 storey Europop club which we really didn't fancy. So we went to Chapeaux Rouge with our lovely Swedish girl, Sanna. Shortly after sitting down at a massive table, with our massive pints, we were approached by a big group of Dutch boys. They were so tall, we felt like the tiniest little people! The bar closed and Jenna lost Kat in the chaos, and ended up walking down some creepy stairs into an underground club that looked like it had been transported from the 90s. We all found each other and cracked out some bangin moves to Destiny's Child, Bruno Mars and other generic 90s RnB. Tagging along with the Dutch boys was a very drunk Israeli girl, and an even drunker Brazilian. They kept showing their boobs and undoing people's shirts- we all wished they didn't....

On the walk home we lost "the nicest boy in the world"/"Jon Frieda" (we don't get the Jon Frieda bit) and the Brazilian, so we waited for ages outside a kebab shop. We got bored of waiting so decided to go home, and the boys begged us to not leave them with the Israeli and Brazilian man-eaters! But we didn't fall for it- and in the morning they told us they slept 3 in a bed to avoid them...

The next day we walked the beautiful streets of Prague with Sanna and had some good girly time, and then chilled out at the park with some fruit and the Dutch boys in the sunshine- bliss :-) We tried to get an early night, but ended up staying up quite late chatting to some hilarious Australians. Ely was the butt of every joke and just the most ridiculous, funny person.

We had such a good nights sleep in our 70 bed dorm, and then walked for about 8 hours the next day. We climbed 287 stairs of the Cathedral tower, and walked under a park through a 300 metre tunnel; we were told later that even locals are scared to go through that tunnel, and we just strolled down looking like two tourists, taking pictures, blissfully unaware of the dangers!

We got back cream crackered, so cracked open the bottle of cheap wodka from Berlin, whilst everyone in the hostel went mad dressing up in togas. We walked for what seemed like forever trying to find this club, whilst a Brazilian kept telling Jenna that he liked that she was map reading because he likes a woman that takes charge- bleurgh! On the way there we bumped into our American friends Spencer and Blake who joined us for the evening. After much protest the bouncer let us in for free, so we skipped along yelling freeeeeeeeeeee and went for a boogey. Some time later, we left and went back to Spencer and Blake's hostel with Ely the Australian for some more drinks. At about half 5 we decided to leave, and an hour later, half starved but still laughing at Ely we staggered into our hostel, bought some Twix, and went to sleep.

The morning was painful. We had to get a train, and it was full so we had to share a carriage. We must have looked like such fools as we stumbled in apologising and complaining that there were no seats, and then Jenna's bag knocked a full cup of orange juice all over the floor. So we crawled around on our hands and knees with soggy bits of orangey toilet roll, feeling like we wanted to vom. That was definitely the lowest point of our entire journey....

After hours and hours and hours and hours and hours, we got to Budapest. Low point number 2: we then went to Burger King.... one chicken sandwich later and we felt even worse. But it didn't take us long after that to find our hostel. We forced ourselves to stay up past 9 o'clock, which was difficult in the dullest hostel in the world. But we had a really good nights sleep, and awoke fresh and happy :-)

We'll tell you about Budapest in a couple of days, too much writing! Peace out


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb