Leavin Samos Tomorrow...


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Thessaly » Meteora
September 20th 2006
Published: September 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ez leans into windEz leans into windEz leans into wind

(actually on Naxos)
Note: you will have to excuse typos this keyboard is hopeless (and i simply cant be bothered!!)

Time for another update before leaving Samos... Currently 10.13pm, a very hot evening we have spent watching Lost... now out for an email check, taking some photos of fish (flash makes them jump much to our amusement (lex says 'its more than amusement, its my life' - a bit severe i'm sure but you should all experience it at least once which will lead to a lot more than once!!), and possibly getting a bite to eat!

Have enjoyed our time in Samos (despite the downers you can get where everyone seems blatantly out to screw you over (your wallet anyway!!)... This island (or at least Samos Town) seems to be a bit of a travel destination for the elite... Exemplar A... We managed to pay 6Euros for the simple pleasure of lying on a beach!!! haha in some seat thingys under an umbrella but still... thats enough to see a movie in NZ!!! But on the spur of the moment the paying the scary man came first, and the thinking we should have either run away, said we had no money,
Ez sits on fenceEz sits on fenceEz sits on fence

also (actually on Naxos)
feigned not speaking english, greek etc etc, feigned not speaking came second!!

It was an good day in the sun and delish water however!!

However we have generally been enjoying ourselves... unfortunately walking down the steps from where we're staying last night, lex rolled her ankle and it is sprained... That + a stomach ache for me saw a lot of reading, good conversation, and lying around achieved today but not a huge amount of anything else!! (just a little side not on that... over here, noone seems to understand good old nz sarcasim!)

Any way we will hobble on... Ferry leaves at 8am for Turkey so should probably be heading bedwards!

Oh and alex's forementioned (is that the right word) did disapear... think it was just from too much salt water!!

hi just a littloe note from me i was a little upset that tacky man and australian icon steve urwin died! v. sad, oh and apparently theres a coup in thailand..a ltttle unsettleing as we plan to eventually head that way.. add that to the recent bombings of tourist locations in turkey and the fact the pope is not only visiting turkey but also said some mean things to muslim people and i'd imagine you people back home will have a little bit to worry about... its funny what you can and cant pick up on from the frogien media!! - but watching net news closely (ez wrote that last bit) yea but even so, being overseas sure beats the hell outa muffin break!!! (sorry stacey) yea its fab...back to a ez... We will definately look after ourselves however (and each other!)

Night all (night at this end anyway!!)
and much love!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Lex takes a dipLex takes a dip
Lex takes a dip

mmmm nice water!!
Piece of ruinPiece of ruin
Piece of ruin

Overlooking our 6euro beach!!
Ez enjoying us treating ourselves on pizza!Ez enjoying us treating ourselves on pizza!
Ez enjoying us treating ourselves on pizza!

Its weird how you get back to where ever your staying and the first thing you do is remove a layer!!
Ez + Watefront at nightEz + Watefront at night
Ez + Watefront at night

sorry about most of the pics being of me... was a rush get-off-camera-to-site job sorry!
Student district...Student district...
Student district...

When looking for the university that the bus stop was near... we found proof!
fishfish
fish

the flash goes... .01 sec later the pic gets taken... .02 seconds after that the fish all jump out of the water at once!! (really rough timing estimation!!)


25th October 2006

Hahaha, you've probably killed all the fish, sounds like the method used for fishing for tropical fish (method being a hand grenade lobbed over the side of the boat) you bastards!!! haha

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb