And then they left Greece, and lost Glasses


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Selçuk
September 22nd 2006
Published: September 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well we managed to not only wake up on time to pack but early... wýth time to have a morning coffee (instant unfortunately) and enjoy an almost warm shower...

Downside was in our relaxed departure Ez managed to leave his glasses behind (Well I assume thats where they are, as to the best of my knowledge theyre not in my bag!

Very calm and uneventful hour and a ½ ferry ride... arriving in Turkey at about 10.30ish...

Very excited as we saw the turkish looking landscape and structures appear ýnfront of us, only to arrive in Kusadaki to be in for a bit of a shock...

We were met by a guy from the place we'd half thought about staying at - Goldern Bed Pension, to be escourted by his nephew to our room (We dont have a double but we can give you two singles for the night and you can move tommorow..)

To put it lightly it was a bitve a dissapointment...

The room espically so - 2 sets of bunks with some scungy carpet, and a hopeless shower (that you had to run for three mýnutes before you got hot water she said, and even then it wasnt hot!!)

The other big difference was the tourist population and tourist orientated shop situations... turned out to be worse than the Greek Islands on both counts.e.. Everyone trying to get you to come into their shops and look at their products - can range from being extremely annoying (not leaving you alone and following you 'where are you from´ being the favourite conversation starter) to downright funny... blantant come and shop here handsom, to ýs you haýr real , can i touch it to ez!!

Worst of all though were the beaches... cooooverrred with discustýng cýggyg buts and plastic bottles, moýst dýsenchantýng!!!

..lex here.. but today was a turn-around story.. we made our wasy to this little town half a hour (Selçuk)away and the hussleling and pollution stopped! we booked into a place called kiwi pension (thankyou Lou and Paddy!) and then went to thýs newly excavated spot called ephestus thats ABSOLUTLY AMAZING, its a whole town in hellenistic (greek) style buildings temples and a huge ampitheatre, im so reinspired to do classics at uni next year. Ez was in awe aswell...def recommend it to anyone. for the next couple of days we plan to look around and maybe go on a cheap tour cruise down the east aegean coast. having a wonderfull time, we might not be able to update for a while as may be on boat!

Thinking of You All
Lots of Love
Lex(with sore ankle, but v cheerful) and Ez (who wil try not to monopolise the blog tooo much!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lex finds an animal to touch...Lex finds an animal to touch...
Lex finds an animal to touch...

Been missing our four legged friends
Ongoing work...Ongoing work...
Ongoing work...

Ephesus is still only one third unconvered they think and there was work ongoing everywhere!!


23rd October 2006

ok, time to give up on the holidaying and get a real job eh! Great to hear you're having a good time over there. Sounds a bit unlike the Bealey tho...

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb