Bills Blog April 30


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Rhodes
April 30th 2008
Published: April 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we arrived in Kusadasi Turkey. We had a guided tour of the ancient city of Ephesus, which was the first city to have a running water system. The tour was all walking downhill, we have taken many pictures of everything! Our driver dropped us off at the top, and picked us up some two hours later, the design of the city was very cool. We also visited the temple of Artemis, which is one of the seven ancient wonders of the world, now just one standing column and a big pile of marble pieces.
Now onto another day, after a slow (14 knot cruise) through the Greek archipelago we have docked on the island of Rhodes, a small but beautiful island, as the ship docked this morning the rain started to fall, heavy at times, but only lasted for a couple of hours. At lunch time we left the ship a walked in to the walled city where we discovered that the Palace of the grand masters has been closed, (due to untold damages inside the castle). Again as you can imagine we have lots of pictures. The old walled section of the city was once home to the 100 ft. tall colossus (another one of the ancient wonders of the world) that protected the harbor.
The sun is coming out and the temperature is on the rise, looks like another nice day, Tricia and the boys are gone to the pool for a swim while I take a break, talk to everyone later, miss you all. Bill


Advertisement



30th April 2008

Hi, I've been watching for your Blog every day. I miss all of you a lot. My Dr. visit went well, I have to go back in July. Hope yoour weather is better than ours, It was -5 this morning. well I'll let you go , keep taking pictures . Love you all. Grandma Whelan.

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb