City of Zeus


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
August 7th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have finally reached it, the last day of our trip. It is quite bittersweet. We can't imagine going back to the real world and not being able to just do and see as we please. On the other hand, we are ready to live in a house again, cook, and watch t.v. in English.

Before we head home though we got to check out the amazing city of Athens. All of the travel books we have read say how dirty Athens is, but luckily we couldn't disagree more. The city is jam packed with people and life, and is still very clean and fun. Almost everyone here speaks English and all the signs are in both Greek and English, so it is quite easy for us to get around. It is quite strange on the signs though because some of our letters are the same and some could not be more difference. We spent one day doing some shopping since we have bought very little so far on the trip. Another day we spent checking out all of the history that Athens has to offer. Athens, a bit like Rome, has many ancient buildings and ruins that are worth looking at. We visited the Acropolis and the Parthenon, along with various other buildings like the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Temple of Athena Nike and some others.

Because this is the last city of our trip we have been eating and spending more than ever before. We are full of olives, kebabs, souvlakis, and fried cheese, but we love it.

Our plane leaves tomorrow at 8 am our time and we arrive at 4:30 pm in Seattle. We are excited to come back to the states and see everyone. We plan to do one more blog after this, so don't give up on us.

Love,
Brandon and Sami




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb