dresden.alt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
September 19th 2008
Published: October 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The alternative capital of Germany, Dresden was very cool.

The main square in the old town however, was not so cool, it was under construction and totally ruined the vibe. There were awesome buildings and Churches that had been shot up but the allies, in the Old Town. And the new town was full of Punks, drinking and busking on the streets.

We had booked a 4 bed dorm in a hotel/hostel, we had checked in a were making our way to our room when the overpowering smell of Indian got stronger and stronger. We opened our door to find a twenty something Indian man sitting in bed doing something on his laptop. The room was arranged like a family room. There were two single beds pushed together, one of which the Indian man was occupying, and there was a bunk bed, which also had one occupant already. Neither of us were going to sleep with Mr. Curry and the smell was so bad we couldn't even stay in the room.

We dropped our main bags in the room and headed to the hallway to discuss the situation. I already knew what Kell had to say so after a seconds laughter i headed down to reception to get a new room, or some sort of compromise.

Luckily the receptionist understood and didn't mind giving us a new room. Thankful, we transferred our bags to our new room and set up camp. We weren't in Dresden long and we didn't do much.

Nothing much of interest happened. Oh, except when I got spoken to like an absolute idiot for trying to order a drink at a bar. I mean i walked into a bar, went up to the bar and wanted to order a drink. 'Do you have a seat?', I was asked. 'Well, not yet'. 'Are you here by yourself?' (Kell had walked off to the bathroom at this stage). ' No my girlfriends in the bathroom'. 'Well why don't you go get a seat and a waiter will come and give you a menu'. She ignored my attempt to explain the difference between that and what I'm accustomed to. So i found a seat and waited for the waiter lol.

Pretty funny actually because the night before Kell and i both went to order a beer at a different bar and got heaps of strange looks, but no one mentioned that your not meant to order at the bar. Weird.

Anyway, yeah we really like Dresden but there's not much else to say about it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



31st October 2008

I also always made the same experiences as you with indian people. They are smelling awfully bad. They dont have any idea how to keep a place tidy. The german noble price winner in literature Günther Grass once said about India: God has taken a piece of shit and did let it drop down on the earth, and named it India (Gott hat einen Haufen Scheiße genommen und diesem auf die Erde fallen lassen - und dann Indien genannt). Maybe it is because of their religion/faith, the Hindu belief that makes them so lethargic. Because this belief teaches that you as a person cant change your faith....

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb