Dresden


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
June 22nd 2007
Published: June 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Mollie and I had a fantastic time in Dresden. We were there for just one night, but managed to see some amazing sights and got a good feel for the city. As you can see from the photos, the majority of the buildings in the Old City have been rebuilt, due to the destruction of WWII, only in the last ten years. The Frauenkirche Church, shown below, was just completed in 2005- the darker slabs are actually from the rubble, while the rest is fresh sandstone, which will ultimately age to black as well. We also took a tour of the Semper Opera House, which was magnificent!

Fortunately for us, my roommate, Jemi, put us in contact with his awesome friend, Rudi. Therefore, we had our own personal tour guide of the city. On Thursday night, we went out with Rudi for dinner and drinks in the Neustadt Quarter, the section of Dresden north of the Elbe River. We had such a great time, and were sad to have to leave so soon. Thanks for everything, Rudi!

However, we just arrived in Prague last night, which is unbelievably beautiful. Much more (and photos) to come soon...




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



23rd June 2007

....aaaaaahhhh....
....hey, you arrived in praque and survived the german "always-late-train-company" ;-) well, it was nice to have u in dresden, come back any time. one little request: pleeeaaaaseeee change the name of the church to " church of our lady" or "frauenkirche" - the people think i told u that this church is the kreuzkirche... haha... ;-) have a nice trip ... Rudi
25th June 2007

I’m loving your blog and I am impressed at how often you have been able to update it! I miss you girls, DC isn’t the same.
28th June 2007

Haters
LOVE the hate faces. Keep it coming! We miss you!

Tot: 0.412s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb