To Boppard


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Boppard
August 16th 2017
Published: August 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

P1020184P1020184P1020184

he Rhine
We both happy we were going to our favourite place Boppard. We will spent a few days there Always enough to do for us. We have a nice room there overlooking the Rhine. So nice to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine and some cheese seeing the river boats passing by. We also see the big holiday riverboats with people from overseas. They stop sometimes to give the people the chance to see the city of Boppard. On the way there we went to Bingen first so we had a nice drive along the Rhine a beautiful scenery that will always stay in your mind. On an even par with the Mosel with scenery but the Rhine is far more busier and more to see. We made a stop in St Goar. Years ago we stayed there with our camper. A café close to the river that poured a cup of coffee with a piece of apple cake was a welcome place for that. We arrived early afternoon and the biggest problem in Boppard is the parking. But we found one, only it was a bit away from the hotel. It was a very nice welcome at the Lilie Hotel we know the people that own it. Getting the same room back we always have was nice. We had to go and do some shopping before installing ourselves. We planned a visit to Eltze castle the next day. It is on the Mosel and well worth a visit. Parking the car was easy but than we had to walk so 2 k.m. on very uneven ground to reach the castle. There we found out there is a beautiful bitumen road that would have been a lot easier to walk. It was a self tour through the castle that was build in the 1100 hundreds We enjoyed the visit very much but climbing the enormous steps that form the stairs to the next interesting view it was decided to take the shuttle bus back to our parked car. A tour to Rudesheim was also on the program and is very enjoyable. It takes care of a full day before you back. As always Boppard was a welcome stay now we are looking to Lof on the Mosel for our following stay. We will tell you about that next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

20170806_11490520170806_114905
20170806_114905

castle Eltze


Tot: 0.509s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb