Entering Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Boppard
August 15th 2017
Published: August 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post




This was the last of France now we entering Germany. We are on the way to Worms. A lovely little place on the Rhine. We also choose this place for it was close to Family in Saarland. So much time we have not to stay there as well so Worms being so close was the best place to do all those things. We made a last stop in France at a bakery that also had coffee. A place to sit down and relax for we knew the next stop might not eventuate at all and we were right. Everybody started their holiday this weekend. It was chaos on the roads. Leaving France and arriving in Germany you are automatically transferred to autobahns or our GPS lady calls them motorways. We had files of kilometres long and stood for several hours just sucking your thumb. Some locals knew ways around it but we just had to be patient. We had no idea this was just one for 100 kilometres later we had another one that took even more time. Anyway we. arrived at the old Rudeshaus, sort of B&B at 6.30 What was nice it had a restaurant with it that overlooked the Rhine, so nice. We both had a snitzel and were extremely happy not have to go out for a meal but have a shower instead. We had a good sleep and a very nice breakfast that gave us enough energy to walk to the old city about 30 minutes away. Took a little longer for we made stops for video and photos. Our first object was the St Peter cathedral. Very dark and big inside disappointed us a bit but the history of the age and some of the graves inside made up for it. There was wine tasting going on and lots of people walked around with wine glasses but al in orderly fashion. We did not take part but tried again an ice coffee even in Germany not very successful. What made it good was it was cold. Next day was Family day. We travelled 130 kilometres this time on very quiet toads, Sunday and people were in bed. to Neuenkirchen where the Family was waiting for us with all sorts of cakes and coffee. Later other Families from further away came as well it became a small reunion and that was nice. We left again late at night back to Worms to the B&B from where we leave the following day to our favourite place Boppard. Till than.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

P1020181P1020181
P1020181

St Peter cathedral
20170730_11421020170730_114210
20170730_114210

with family
20170730_15464820170730_154648
20170730_154648

Family dinner


Tot: 0.452s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb