Sean and The Schweig


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Lower Saxony » Braunschweig
June 17th 2007
Published: June 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday afternoon Sarah and I arrived in Braunschweig to meet and stay with Leahs ex boyfriend, Sean ...looking quite American in shorts and flipflops. He picked us up at the train station and gave us the tour of his city. Then wanted to give us a taste of a typical night in The Schweig, as he so fondly calls it. We bbqed on his balcony and even though the grill smoke went right into his upstairs neighbors window, the neighbor just popped his head out to see what we were cooking and gave his approval.

Apparently everything starts and ends late in Braunschweig. Seans rowdy group of German friends turned up around 11 to hang out before going out for the evening. It was an eclectic group, with constant chatter in English, German, and Spanish. We headed out to the first club around 130am and danced to rediculous American 80s music until they closed at 4, and then moved on to an afterhours club and danced until 530. The interesting part was that the sun was already coming up at 4am... that didn't seem to stop the students of The Schweig!

The experience was definitely worth the stop on the way to Berlin.

more to come...


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



18th June 2007

The schweig
Damn, I have to say i am totally jealous that you guys went out and saw sean. That guy is one cool cat. Anyways I hope you also partook in the schwarma feast at 4 am as that is definately the best drunk food ever. I am glad to see you guys are having fun.
19th June 2007

jealous!
i agree, i am jealous you saw Sean too! i am soo glad you had fun. i heard all about it from him...hehehe what he remembers...miss you lots!
22nd June 2007

The Schweig
Hi Mollie and Sarah. Come back to The Schweig this weekend and we can do it all over again! The drinking games, the late German club hours, dancing in Merz, the Döner Kebab feast, crazy people in the Brain, and the walk home at 6:15am! Hmmm.. sounds like I have a plan again for tomorrow night. :) This time, I plan to at least remember some of it...

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb