Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdam

 Europe » Netherlands » Amsterdam » Amsterdam By Mollie Sarah
June 15th 2007
Mollie Sarah
Hi everyone!

We are now in Amsterdam...flew in yesterday morning and spent most of the day wandering around the city. We took a boat tour of the canals and hid from the rain in some fantastic cafes. Last night we hung out with Peter, our couchsurfing host, who lives in Haarlem, so we got to see another part of the city that is not as tourist-laden.

This morning, Mollie and I went to the Van Gogh museum and have been walking around since then. Apparently, no one in Amsterdam works on Fridays, so every coffeehouse and bar is packed...since 10 am. These people start early. Ha.

Alright, we are off to see some more. Trying to soak up as much of Amsterdam before we leave tomorrow for Braunschweig...

More to come from Berlin...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



15th June 2007

living vicariously through you!
so glad you're having fun and seeing everything! definitely try to check out the Anne Frank House and the Heineken Factory if you have time.
15th June 2007

Yay Mollie!!
Aww, it looks so awesome! I know you're having a great time! We miss you so much already!! Be safe, but have TONS of fun. btw, i'm so jealous that i'm not there right now. =)
15th June 2007

great pics
say hi to Mary for me!
17th June 2007

jealous as all get-out
sounds like you're having the most incredible time already!!! I'm glad you got there safely and both you girls look great in the photos. stay safe, love you tons and i'll see you in august! mwah.
18th June 2007

Ansterdam-the Venice of the North
You two look like you belong there! Also, looks like it is cool there, we have over 90 degrees, just imagine what you are missing! Enjoy, Lyuba

Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb