Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
August 19th 2006
Published: August 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well im sorry this has taken so long, i have been really busy, looking for work, working and looking for a place to live! So, Berlin. Lets see if I can remember. It was really really hot the first two days... . We stayed in a lovely hostel with an awesome beer garden. The second night we went to the Robbie Williams concert which i wont go on too much about but it was a show i will never forget. It was really hot and it rained which was cool. The next day we went on a brilliant walking tour of the city, and discovered much of its rich history. Particularly WW2 stuff like the Berlin wall. It was absolutely amazing to see the wall that restricted the freedom and liberty of so many people. We met some cool people on the walking tour so arranged to meet up with them on a beer crawl later that night. We went to this bar that had a fake beach out the back complete with beach umbrellas and bob marley. Had some wicked frozen margaritas. The end of the night was a bit of a dud tho, we caught a train way out to this place that was a complete dive and played heavy metal music. but other than that it was fun. The next day was my last day of my europe holiday and we saw a few more sights like the checkpoint charlie museum which was really cool, as it has been in existence since the wall was built so is part of history itself. Saw where Hitlers bunker used to be and not so far away was the new Jewish Memorial which was very interesting. Lots of big blocks of grey stone which has anti graffiti stuff on it made by the same company who manufactured the gas which killed thousands of Jews. Go figure. The museum under the memorial was very powerful, it made me cry. There was a chronological history of the genocide of the jews as well as very personal stories of whole families being wiped out and even letters from children and their parents among other things. And so on that light note i packed off to London. I thought i was going to miss my flight, i almost killed myself getting there with my very heavy pack and then it turned out the flight was delayed! so then i had to reschedule my bus to Milton Keynes. Turned out I probably would have made it so i had to wait two hours outside the airport and then another hour for a taxi. But I finally made it and Charlotte and Robbie made me feel very welcome. It was good to see old friends again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

UN friendship bearsUN friendship bears
UN friendship bears

An initiative of the UN every country in the UN has one
Quite colourful!Quite colourful!
Quite colourful!

They travel around the world
Me rubbing the tummy of the Australian oneMe rubbing the tummy of the Australian one
Me rubbing the tummy of the Australian one

Its done by Ken Done, i was quite dissapointed. its crap compared to some of the other ones....


27th February 2007

Berlin Visiting
Hi today i have found your report about your Berlin Visiting and the Robbie Williams Concert at the Olympicstation. Maybe you want see more about this evening, then you look here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/20822818@N00 i hope you have enjoy Berlin and you like it .... i love Berlin!!!!

Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb