Berlin and the Boys


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 4th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This will be a quick blog since we haven´t kept up with this very well and we have a lot to say. So, where did we leave off...oh yeah. We went back to Berlin from Brussels. Did I say that I love that place. The boys came in to meet up with all of us. Nate and Dave came in soon followed by Clint. Soon after their arrival the debauchery began. The agenda soon became clear. Beer, girls and the kind of fun that spawns great stories! Pretty much in that order. We also carried a football around (that´s an American football byGod) everywhere we went. We would go out for passes walking down the streets of Germany. There was also a game of touch football played on the very grounds where the Nazis ordered a massive book burning. Just our way of bringing America to Germany. It was also pretty funny to come across some Germans here and there that asked for a pass and would toss it back to us as we walked by. Everyone loves football!

One night when I had gone to bed "early" some of the boys decided to go dancing with the Berliners. They had a blast, came home really late, hit on some girls and realized that they were the dancing studs in a club full of Germans that apparently couldn´t dance very well. Oh, and the German music was pretty funny as well. Just go online and check some out...Seeed, Das Bo and Sportfreunde Stiller to name a few. Please, take some time and check them out.

We also did some sight-seeing as well. Chad is one great tour guide! He took us on a tour of Berlin as well as Dresden. Chad, if you ever need a reference to become a tour guide send us an email and we´ll send a good word!

After spending some time in Berlin we moved down south to enjoy Berg Fest. We rented a van and proceeded to the autobahn to haul ass to Dresden. After a few hours down the road and watching Nate giggle like a school girl over his experience of driving down the autobahn we arrive in Dresden. It is such a beautiful city! We first stopped at their brewery and had a couple fantastic beers before we went on a Tour de Chad of Dresden. We didn´t have much time so we took the fast track but it was probably still more comprehensive than a tour you would have to pay for...and we were tossing a football around everywhere we went.

Then on to Bad Windsheim (sp?) where Chad´s friend, Jeff, manages a hostel. He was a great host and a load of fun! We basically had a hostel to ourselves. What a hook up! He took us around that night and we got to meet some locals who taught me how to pronounce the numbers. I felt pretty German after that. We woke up the next morning and went on a tour of the little German town with Jeff. It was the epitome of a quaint German town. Then off to Berg Fest. The best way to describe the Fest is the smaller, less commercialized Octoberfest. Lots of German beer in steins, with lots of different meats on buns, sticks and spits. Oh and don´t forget the abundant Germans singing different regional songs and then slamming their steins together to toast. We did it a few times and at one point David got a bit over zealous and smashed Nate´s stein. Nate rigged it back together and took it back to the beir stall placing it carefully on the counter. (We had to pay deposits on the steins and when you brought it back you would receive your deposit back). He received his deposit and quickly got out of there before they figured out it was busted. Pretty funny stuff. So we ate and drank and ate some more. We had a blast and after heading to a club where some of the boys were getting numbers from the lovely ladies that they were hanging with, we headed back to our hostel. The trip back was pretty funny considering the maps that we had didn´t have the names or the numbers of the roads. huh? Does that make any sense at all? After great deliberation, getting stuck in a ditch and basically throwing the van out of it we returned home when the sun was coming up. Ah great times!

We head back the next day in time to do a final adios to the neighborhood bars and bartenders that we had befriended.

What a great week! I feel like I inherited 5 more brothers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb