Off to Deutschland!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
April 11th 2006
Published: May 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ange and I headed off to Germany, the land of bratwurst, currywurst and all other wursts, leaving Nott'm EMA and arriving in Berlin Schonefeld around 10pm. We hopped onto one of the ever cool S bahn trains to get to our hostel. The trains in Germany are awesome! and we made great use of the tracks.

Arriving at our hostel (Generator Hostel Berlin) was a bit of a feat because we took the long route. However the long route proved interesting as a very drunk man was aimlessly walking on the other side of the street (a great big wide 4 lane street) yelling and cussing at the trees and cars. It was quite entertaining but not enough to merit us sticking around, as we rapidly walked the mile or so to our hostel. We found out how incredibly long the street was which was handy for future excursions and a point of reference for our train map. When we reached our room (631), I looked out the window and was met with a great (and hilarious) picture: basically it was the S bahn stop that we should have gotten off at but instead didn't. So we quickly learned our lesson and made frequent excursions from our neighboring train station.

The hostel was pretty nice. The entire building was practically open 24 hours every day which was really cool. The showers/bathrooms were pretty nice, but the best part (aside from not having to carry a towel in one's backpack) was the bed. Our beds were incredibly comfortable and made sleeping awesome, which could be a problem if we didn't wake up in time for breakfast but we're used to the whole getting up early routine with frisbee. I have to also mention that our dorm was co-ed, but the girls totally outnumbered the guys and it wasn't really a big deal at all. Thus upon arrival we promptly went to bed because it was late and sleep was necessary.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb