Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
July 7th 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello, absolutely worn out after a Big Day Out in Berlin! Started at the Brandenburg Tor, saw the Holocaust Memorial, the site of Hitlers´Bunker, the Berlin Wall, the death zone, Checkpoint Charlie, The Terror Memorial and the Island Museum. It was a walking tour and the tour guide was very entertaining. I had a haircut at the Arkade-Potsdamer Platz after the tour, then went to the Tiergarten which is where Berliners hang out on hot days, literally, so I´ve been told lol! The gardens are huge so we spent about half an hour there, then stopped at a cafe to try a Berliner Weiss Beer, flavoured with syrup and red in colour, something different. Later this evening, probably after we have stuffed ourselves with saurkraut and sausage we will walk back to Checkpoint Charlie, about a kilometre from here, I´d like to spend more time reading the information and the gallery pictures there. I´ve taken about 200 photos today, probably tomorrow when we get to Larths´place at Hameln I can do some uploading. That´s it from Berlin. Bye. ;-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb