Girls Weekend in Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
May 13th 2005
Published: November 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

This was another weekend away with the girls from work, it all went by so quickly.... We first landed in Berlin and ended up walking forever from the train station to our hostel... We were all gasping for a drink so that was really our first stop. Staying on the East side of fantastic, it seemed so much more artistic than the other. Berlin was a really funny place, everyone raved about it's nightlife and to be honest on the night I think we were all kinda disappointed... Everywhere was either too quiet or a step back in time. So, we settled for some local bars and then went back to the hostel.

The second day was totally different, a bus tour later, we headed back to our hotel to prepare for the White Trash Fast Food night out. This is a bar/restaurant that we discovered on the internet, it is a place where the local berliners hang out, I think we were the only tourists in there. What a fantastic place full of some much crap, you've just got to go there to experience it. Some locals gave us a hot tip to go to this club called RIO, which is basically a club night that is on every couple of months. We were so skeptical at first, we thought it was going to be another uncool throw-back! Boy were we wrong!! It was probably one of my best club nights out, it was fantastic. The music was brilliant, there were so many different groups of people there all mixing it up. The club night was held in what seemed to be a dis-used factory of some-sort. Really truly a great experience - I reccommend it to anyone up for a long night of tunes and vodka.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb