A day in the city...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So today we woke up, after missing the alarm clock going off at 8am and walked to the church and had breakfast with the choir. We then discovered that after staying up late last night figuring out where to go from our German family, that the pastor of the church was giving us a bus tour instead!! I was rather upset, and we werent really able to pick out everywhere we went, but it turned out alright. We went and saw the Olympic Stadium, the what they call "Chick on a stick", Schloss Charlettenburg(castle), The White House of Germany(Schloss Belevu), the German parliament building, and the Gate in the city(cant remember these names) but its where Hitler ended his reign, saw the Holocaust Memorial, the longest stretch left of the Berlin Wall, The Alexander Plaz, which is where a large TV tower is with a huge ball at the top with a restaurant in it that turns a complete circle within an hour. Sad part is we couldnt really have much time to do things on our own, but hopefully the other citz...ah I mean city, but on a German keyboard the Y and Z are switched! gR! But the weather was in the 70s and sunny!
We then came back to the church to rehearse and have an amazing dinner! This really good cream you put on top of cranberries and bread, and salad(cucumb and tomatos) and banana juice-yum! and themost interesting, kinda mexicany meatloaf. We then sang our first concert and it was GREAT! the sound quality in the church bouces everywhere giving us a more fun concert than we were expecting--I was falling asleep before during prayer. They loved it and whenever our director DP spoke the pastor translated. We learned "Beautiful Savior" in German and sang that and they loved it!! people were crying and smiling, I had to hold back tears the whole time--and it wasnt just the PMS speaking. They applauded so loud at the end and loved our spirituals( Didnt my Lord--the one where Tavis does his whole black man singin😊 and gave us a standing ovation and then screamed for an encore. So we did that song again and then they STILL kept clapping so we did Beautiful Savior again...als du der shööste jesus mein! So that was incredible. Michal and I went up to our family in the balcony and they have two little kids who are 6 and 9, Mia and I think John. They were going to leave half way through but the mom told us that the six year old boy turned to her and said " Da shun! Da shun!" which means its so beautiful! and they stayed the whole time! Okay so now we have to go to bed so i can get up and run tomorrow! Love you all and hope you write me back on here--did you know that dad?? goodnite!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



15th May 2008

So glad you're having a good time! sounds like you have some busy days ahead of you but I'm enjoying reading about them!! I love you!

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb