Cruising along the Autobahn at 190km/h (114mph)


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
May 5th 2008
Published: May 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Welllll....
We decided to rent a car and drive from Munich, through Rothenburg, and up to Frankfurt. We got a VW Golf and hit the freeway. It was fun, and not all that crazy (mostly because everyone else is going that fast too). The non-autobahn highways are more crazy because you are going 100kph (65mph) and it is essentially a road barely wide enough for two cars. Try to image driving up division before 82nd at 65mph (except it is a rural road).

Rothenburg is a cute medieval town, where we had delicious, delicious food and discovered a new dessert. It is essentially a ribbon of dough that is balled up somewhat, deep fried, and sprinkled or dipped in powdered sugar, chocolate and other assorted toppings. It is super yummy!

Frankfurt was fine, we didn't see much there, but there was an awesome storm the night we stayed there. We also went to Kassel to the Brother's Grimm Museum.

We took a fantastic, relaxing, free river cruise up the rhine (thank you eurail pass). It was cool seeing a bunch of castles and beautiful landscape. We stayed one night in Cologne and besides some souvenir shopping and taking picutres of the main cathedral (which is awesome) didn't do much there.

Now we are in Berlin. Antonia had a yucky day yesterday on the way over. She was feeling sick and very sleepy because she took her medication at the wrong time. But she is all better today.

That is about all, except oh yeah...we are not going to Spain anymore, we decided we need to get off the mainland. We moved up our flight to Ireland and will be there an extra week. We are pretty excited about that.

So, hope all is well there. We still have a bit of the mainland to see. Until next time, Loves!

Advertisement



5th May 2008

Yummy Dessert
The dessert you talked about does sound yummy. Do you know what they called it? Love you two, so glad you are having a great time. I'm definitely looking forward to pictures! Mom

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb