Family in Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
July 29th 2005
Published: August 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Us at the Berlin WallUs at the Berlin WallUs at the Berlin Wall

These markers are around Berlin marking where the wall would have been. Our free and easy feet are pictured here.
We arrived safely in Berlin on Wednesday evening.
Our apartment is just great. It is the main floor of a beautiful old house in a residential district of Berlin. After a good night's sleep we set off to see the city yesterday.
We took in several sights and feel much more like Berliner's.
Today we went to the Berlin Zoo.
Unfortunately our computer has gone on the frity and we are working on how to download our pictures. We shall see how that goes but we probably won't be able to post much when we use these internet cafe's.
The weather is very hot and humid here in Berlin. This city is beautiful and very easy to get around on the transit system. We have decided to not pick up our rental car until Tuesday.
We will keep you posted.
Still having a great time but we are beginning to miss home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Piece of the WallPiece of the Wall
Piece of the Wall

Here are pieces of the Wall have been set up at Potsdamer Platz. Kurtis is standing on what would have been the East German side.
ReflectionsReflections
Reflections

This is the top of the Berlin House of Parliament. The top is an incredible lookout of the city with all of these mirrors throught the center.
Our Berlin HomeOur Berlin Home
Our Berlin Home

Here are some shots of the house we stayed in. The Ping pong table was the highlight


Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb