i thought i was done with snow and winter...


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
April 11th 2006
Published: April 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey guys. first off, this is going to be very hard to type because i do not know how to capitalize things, the z is in the y place and vice versa and i dont know how to use the apostrophe on this keyboard. anyways, prague was amazing, like i have already said. a few of my favorite things were the charles bridge where you had an amazing view of the city. emily and i walked across it at night and the view of the city was amazing. some of the buildings made me feel like i was in a fairytale picturebook. i took some pics and i will put them up when im back in avila. the communist museum was pretty interesting. its crazy to me that just about 16 years ago they were a communist country. Thanks for that rec, lee. We wandered around the Prague castle and the St. Vitius cathedral (sp?) yesterday. The cathedral was amazing like all the cathedrals in Europe. The stain glass windows were beautiful. We climbed a tower that is connected to the cathedral...287 steps in a spiral staircase, but it felt like 5000 steps. My thighs were burning and by the time i reached the top i was out of breath, but there were a million grandmas and grandpas climbing up and down so i didnt want to be put to shame. these old european people are impressive! the view from the top was amazing. this was one of my favorite sights as well. i took a million pics up there as well. the palace was nice, but i wasnt impressed. i was expecting it to be a little more since it is a PALACE, but oh well. after the palace, we went to get some hot chocolate since it was about 35 degrees outside. Well this hot chocolate was only 78 krowns, so about $3, however, i was confused by one of the coins and thought that it was 50 cents , but it was half of a cents. so this warm hot choc. that i had had to drink caused me to go back out into the cold and walk around for 20 min one way to find a stinkin' ATM. by the time i got back, i was freezing cold, so the whole purpose of the hot choc was defeated. i was laughing aloud to myself as i was wandering around the streets trying to find an ATM.

im thinking that emily and i are going to go out exploring soon. its chilly though! its snowing here and theres about an inch of snow on the ground. brr! im feeilng a bit better, but i still have a ways to go! i will try to update again soon! Thanks for the messages!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb